Manifold for ground source heat pumps.
- Comes as a pair
- Each port has 1 inch male threaded connections, and 2½ inch centres
- A ½ inch female threaded connection on top
- 1½ inch threaded connections at either end; one female, one male with a union coupler
- Weight of each manifold 2.1kg
- Total length – 15 inches
- Total height – 6 inches high
A ground source heat pump system harnesses natural heat from underground by pumping water through it in pipes. The heat pump then increases the temperature, and the heat is used to provide home heating or hot water. The ground source heat pump needs electricity to run, but the idea is that it uses less electrical energy than the heat it produces. The heat pump performs the same role as a boiler in a central heating system, but it uses ambient heat from the ground, rather than burning fuel to generate heat.